turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

I need the code for my withdrawal from my IRA because for Harvey. I am taking RMD and storm money from my IRA. It was not in the March 8 update

1099 r  WITH RMD AND HARVEY WITHDRAWAL application that is code will becoming ------- not included in 3/8/18 when 

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

I need the code for my withdrawal from my IRA because for Harvey. I am taking RMD and storm money from my IRA. It was not in the March 8 update

The "Relief for hurricane distributions" Requires forms 8915A/B that now has a 3/22/18 target date.

The IRS only released the paper/pdf for the new 2017 8915A and 8915B forms on 3/6/18 and the electronic schema specification are usually released by the IRS about 2 weeks after the pdf version. E-file providers must comply with the IRS schema rules to e-file.

After the IRS provides the electronic "schema" for the form, both the IRS and e-file providers must apply those new schemas to their software and conduct compatibility tests. Only after the IRS approves the test results can the forms be released in an update.

**Disclaimer: This post is for discussion purposes only and is NOT tax advice. The author takes no responsibility for the accuracy of any information in this post.**

View solution in original post

1 Reply

The "Relief for hurricane distributions" Requires forms 8915A/B that now has a 3/22/18 target date.

The IRS only released the paper/pdf for the new 2017 8915A and 8915B forms on 3/6/18 and the electronic schema specification are usually released by the IRS about 2 weeks after the pdf version. E-file providers must comply with the IRS schema rules to e-file.

After the IRS provides the electronic "schema" for the form, both the IRS and e-file providers must apply those new schemas to their software and conduct compatibility tests. Only after the IRS approves the test results can the forms be released in an update.

**Disclaimer: This post is for discussion purposes only and is NOT tax advice. The author takes no responsibility for the accuracy of any information in this post.**
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies