turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

k_van27

I mistakenly entered an amount for item "amount paid with request for extension to file"- line 10, Schedule 3, 1040 form. How can I navigate to this line on TT?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Reply

I mistakenly entered an amount for item "amount paid with request for extension to file"- line 10, Schedule 3, 1040 form. How can I navigate to this line on TT?

I'll assume there was a typo in your question.  You must have meant Schedule 3, Line 9--not line 10.

I'll assume you haven't yet filed your return, so you are still able to open your return interview.   If your return interview is closed because TurboTax thinks you were finished, report back and we can tell you how to open it.

As long as you haven't yet filed, here's how to go back to that question in the interview.

• In the left menu column, click the Federal tab
  • Then at the top click the Deductions & Credits tab.
  • If all the tax break categories are not shown click on "See all tax breaks."
  • Scroll way down on the "Tax Breaks" screen to  "Estimates and Other Taxes Paid."
  • Click "Show More,"if necessary, to expand the subtopics, and choose "Income Taxes Paid."  (click Start or Revisit).
  • The next screen, titled "Income Taxes Paid," has a subtopic "Payments with Extension."   Choose the type of payment (I assume you want Federal for Schedule 3) and click Start/Revisit.
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies