I made excess contributions to my 401k in 2019. I ...

archkum

I made excess contributions to my 401k in 2019. I withdrew the excess in 2020 ( from Roth ). Do I need to report anything in my 2019 taxes?

Excess was due to job changes. I withdrew as soon as I realized (which was in 2020)
macuser_22

"Roth"?   Do you mean a designated Roth (a 401(k) Roth)?    If so then nothing gets reported on your 2019 tax return but if any earnings were returned then  that will be taxable income on your 2020 tax return.

archkum

Yes that is correct, it is a  designated 401(k) Roth. Thank you for a prompt reply. Appreciate it!