jennylindsey05

I'm getting an error on 1099-R, I checked the Qualified Hurricane distribution box. It says that I must obtain and update before I can file my return? What do i do?

CarolC

You need to complete Form 8915B, Qualified Hurricane Retirement Plan Distributions & Repayments before you can file your return.  The print version of Form 8915B is now available in TurboTax.  You will need to print and mail in your tax return to the IRS as the IRS has not released the e-file version of the form.  The e-file version should be available from the IRS sometime in April. However, the exact date is unknown at this time.

For online software users, check the 1099-R section of TurboTax after the release date for updates.  For desktop users, make sure to run any updates when you login to your tax return.  Once Form 8915B is released, you will be able to finish your tax return preparation.

You may view the TurboTax FAQ below with the expected release date of Form 8915B and other IRS pending forms.  Click "See entire answer" for the full list view.

[Edited 4.17.18 | 3:30 PM]