turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

I'm e-filing my taxes using TurboTax Home and Business, I'm asked for my employer info. I don't have an employer. I'm 80 years old and retired. What should I do?

I've finished both Federal abd State returns. I'm ready to e-file, But I'm asked for employer info.
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

4 Replies
ThomasM125
Expert Alumni

I'm e-filing my taxes using TurboTax Home and Business, I'm asked for my employer info. I don't have an employer. I'm 80 years old and retired. What should I do?

You might have a W-2 form carried over from a previous year in your program. You can check on that and delete the errant W-2 form by following these steps in TurboTax:

1. Tax tools (on the left menu bar)
  2. Tools
  3. Delete a form

Find the W-2 in the list and delete the form.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

Actually, I don't have any W-2s carried over from previous years, To get past the problem and continue with e-filing my returns, when TurbooTax asked for my employer information I entered the information for Penna State Employees Retirement System. That was accepted and I e-filed with no problem. While this worked it doesn't explain  the reason that I was asked for employer information. I've been retired for 10 years, and I'm 80 years old.

I don't think that TurboTax should have asked for employer informstion and I wish that I could have talked with a TurboTax representative rather than being directed to The Community for advice.

Is there a reason you are using Home and Business?

My wife has a small business (CFSOriginals,Com). I use QuickBooks to create invoices, track income and expenses, calculate sales tax, etc.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies