bw5719

I'm 59 and on SS disability. My wife is 72 and on SS. Do we need to file taxes?" We always even out at zeros. No extra income.

Was hurt on the job 7 years ago and have been disabled. I'm now 59. Now on SS. My wife is retired and on SS. Neither of us have any extra income of any kind. Do not own a home. Sold our home last year for a low 5-figure gain. We now rent. No deductions now. Use Turbo Tax and have never owed taxes or received a refund since disability. Zeros all around. Doing taxes each year seems a waste of time, paper, and ink. Thank you. 

KatrinaB

In your case, there would be no reason to file a tax return. You're not required to file one.

KatrinaB