msdeva

I know that I get an exception for early IRA withdrawal as my amount of unreimbursed medical expenses >7.5% of my AGI. I don't want to upgrade the turbotax version.

Where do I enter the exception?

An exception to the early withdrawal penalty is entered on a Form 5329.  The online Free edition does not support either a Form 1040 or a Form 5329.  You must upgrade to the Deluxe edition to have the early withdrawal penalty assessed on a Form 1040 or for the exception to the penalty to be entered on a Form 5329.

For exceptions to the early withdrawal penalty from a tax deferred retirement account (Form 5329)

• Click on Federal Taxes
  • Click on Other Tax Situations
  • Under Additional Tax Payments
  • On Extra tax on early retirement withdrawals, click the start or update button

Or enter 5329, additional taxes on qualified plans in the Search box located in the upper right of the program screen.  Click on Jump to 5329, additional taxes on qualified plans