Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Event: Ask the Experts about your refund > RSVP NOW!
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

smwalter2

I inherited a seller finance contract. I received a substitute 1099 so I'm wondering where I enter the amount of the substitute 1099?

significate other sold his property and had a seller financed contract in 2016. He passed in 2016, probate was final in 2017 and I inherited the seller financed contract. I received a substitute 1099 for the total of interest only payments I received in 2017. where do I report this in turbo tax? FYI - a principle balloon payment will be in 2019 for the price of the property.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
DS30

I inherited a seller finance contract. I received a substitute 1099 so I'm wondering where I enter the amount of the substitute 1099?

You can report this under the interest section under Interest from Seller-financed loan. (I am sorry for your loss.)

To enter interest income information in TurboTax, log into your tax return (for TurboTax Online sign-in, click Here and click on "Take me to my return") type "1099int" in the search bar then select "jump to 1099int". TurboTax will guide you in entering this information.

View solution in original post

1 Reply
DS30

You can report this under the interest section under Interest from Seller-financed loan. (I am sorry for your loss.)

To enter interest income information in TurboTax, log into your tax return (for TurboTax Online sign-in, click Here and click on "Take me to my return") type "1099int" in the search bar then select "jump to 1099int". TurboTax will guide you in entering this information.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies