turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

mhonnoll

I have used turbo tax for the last 5+ years. The last 2 years we have had to pay federal tax, the stimulus question portal say they can not determine our eligibility. We make less than the single per

Year amount.  Anyone else have this problem?
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

3 Replies
jtax
Level 10

I have used turbo tax for the last 5+ years. The last 2 years we have had to pay federal tax, the stimulus question portal say they can not determine our eligibility. We make less than the single per

The IRS portal does not seem to be very reliable. Many people report getting the same message. The  thinking is that is because the IRS cannot verify some of your information. Perhaps the address is doesn't match because the IRS is reformatting it but you have no idea how. (E.g. street for st or north main instead of n. main).

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
awellings
Returning Member

Same problem here!  It MUST be a Turbo Tax issue the I'm still getting "IRS is unable to determine my eligibility".  Very clearly made under the "allowed" AGI and most other people are getting checks, just not if you used Turbo Tax. 

jtax
Level 10

I do NOT think this has anything to do with using Turbotax. The issue is with matching your info. The people having issues b/c of TT (or other providers) are those who took out refund anticipation loans. I think what happens there is the taxpayer gets the money quickly from the company and the IRS sends the money to the company not the taxpayer. So the IRS does not have the taxpayers info.

So if you used TT but did not get a RAL, that isn't the problem.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies