jimprovins

I have two 1099-R forms. One has a taxable amount, one does not. Can i add them together?

MargaretL

No, please do not add or combine two 1099-R forms.  Each one must be entered into TurboTax separately and exactly as it appears. Be sure to answer follow up questions about each form, the data entry and your answers will determine correct tax treatment for each form.

1. Federal Taxes
  2. Wages and Income
  3. Scroll down to Retirement Plans and Social Security
  4. Select IRA, 401(k), Pension Plans (1099-R)
wandalenox

Turbo tax will not add the amounts for :  TAXABLE INCOME

Turbo tax will only enter and note the amount for the first 1099R.  There is $9330.00 omitted and it is putting into a ROTH account on the return.

I am confused as to why both totals are not added in the taxable amount.  

MaryK1101

If there was a ROTH account, the contributions if qualified are not taxable- TurboTax determines this by the code in Box 7.

@wandalenox