demurescilis

I have to file a 1099-G that I need to file. I don't want to upgrade to the highest level of tax filing just to plug in some info. Can I file a 1099-G seprately?

DanielV01

What is the 1099-G for?  What income is it reporting?
demurescilis

California Tax refund?
DanielV01

Did you itemize last year?  See this FAQ (click on link) if unsure:  <a rel="nofollow" target="_blank" href="https://ttlc.intuit.com/replies/4767958">https://ttlc.intuit.com/replies/4767958</a>
demurescilis

I don't believe so, I think I did a stanard deduction.
DanielV01

It depends.  If you had the standard deduction, you do not report the refund as income.  If you itemized, some or all of it is included as income, which would require in TurboTax an upgrade to Deluxe since that requires Form 1040.  However, it seems almost certain that you will not have to report the 1099-G, which means that you will not need to upgrade TurboTax for this form.

demurescilis

So I don't have to file it in anyway on my taxes?
DanielV01

If you did not itemize last year, no.  You will not need to file it, just keep it for your records.