• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
michefiat

I have several 1099 forms for my deceased Father for 2016 but he died in 2015. How do I file this?

I tried to file it again under his name but it stated that he had to have died in 2016.  Not sure what to do now?

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
KarenL2
Level 5

I have several 1099 forms for my deceased Father for 2016 but he died in 2015. How do I file this?

If there is still income for his estate, you will file a Form 1041 Estate Tax return.  That will produce a Schedule K-1 for each beneficiary.  The Schedule K-1s for each beneficiary's share will then be reported on their individual income tax Form 1040.

You will need the TurboTax Business software to prepare the Form 1041 and Schedule K-1s. 

Here is the link to the TurboTax Business Software

View solution in original post

1 Reply
KarenL2
Level 5

If there is still income for his estate, you will file a Form 1041 Estate Tax return.  That will produce a Schedule K-1 for each beneficiary.  The Schedule K-1s for each beneficiary's share will then be reported on their individual income tax Form 1040.

You will need the TurboTax Business software to prepare the Form 1041 and Schedule K-1s. 

Here is the link to the TurboTax Business Software

View solution in original post

Dynamic AdsDynamic Ads
v
Privacy Settings