michefiat

I have several 1099 forms for my deceased Father for 2016 but he died in 2015. How do I file this?

I tried to file it again under his name but it stated that he had to have died in 2016.  Not sure what to do now?

KarenL2

If there is still income for his estate, you will file a Form 1041 Estate Tax return.  That will produce a Schedule K-1 for each beneficiary.  The Schedule K-1s for each beneficiary's share will then be reported on their individual income tax Form 1040.

You will need the TurboTax Business software to prepare the Form 1041 and Schedule K-1s. 

Here is the link to the TurboTax Business Software

KarenL2