I have received a 1099R for a pension, but it's not a recognizable financial institution. so unsure of where to report this income

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

Enter a 1099-R here:

Federal Taxes,
Wages & Income
(I'll choose what I work on - if that screen comes up)
Retirement Plans & Social Security,
IRA, 401(k), Pension Plan Withdrawals (1099-R).

OR  Use the "Tools" menu (if online version left side) and then "Search Topics" for "1099-R" which will take you to the same place.

Be sure to choose which spouse the 1099-R is for if this is a joint tax return.
Be sure to pick the correct 1099-R type: Standard 1099-R, CSA-1099-R, CSF-1099-R, RRB-1099-R.

[NOTE: When you get to the "Your 1099-R Entries" screen where you can add another 1099-R, use "continue" to keep going as there are additional interview questions after that screen in most cases. You can always return as shown above.]

Did all you suggested, but the payee is not recognized

Explain what you mean "not recognized" - by who?   What is not recognized? You simply enter the financial institution information as it appears on the 1099-R.  

If you mean to import the 1099-R then only financial institutions that partner with TurboTax can be imported all others must be manually entered.

when I type in the payee on the 1099R form - the name does not come up..

When you manually enter the name then nothing is supposed to "come up".

Be sure to choose "I'll enter it myself".

Screen Shot 2020-01-25 at 3.18.22 PM.jpgScreen Shot 2020-01-25 at 3.21.15 PM.jpg