I have one 1099-R for pension income but live in two states. Am I to prorate the amount for the period I lived in each state?

If you moved to a new state, yes, you would need to enter the amount you received while a resident of each of the respective states. See the Unearned income Allocation section: How do I allocate (split) income for a part-year state return?

If you did not move,but live in two different states, no. You would enter the total amount in your resident state only. See What is my state residency status?