daryl1412

I have no retirement savings contribution and it is telling me I have $8.00 what did I do wrong

SteamTrain

Probably nothing.  Some contributions noted in box 12 of a W-2 forms will automatically qualify.

BUT...for $8 it will cost you far more to file and have to pay for DELUXE software to get it.

SO...Get rid of the RSCC by going thru the RSCC interview again, and indicate you were a full-time student during 2020...that will get rid of it and keep you in the "Free" version.

*Answers are correct to the best of my knowledge when posted, but should not be considered to be legal or official tax advice.*
DaveF1006

You may have had a retirement contribution reported on your W2 by your employer. look in Box 12 of your W2 to see if there is a Code D with an amount listed after it.