jdfreds

I have never had to do 8606-t form what it and hope do I fill it out

ChristyW

Form 8606-T is used to report Nondeductible IRAs (Taxpayer). We'll automatically generate Form 8606 (Nondeductible IRAs) if you reported:

• Nondeductible contributions made to a traditional IRA;
  • Distributions from a traditional, SEP or SIMPLE IRA that had nondeductible contributions (excluding rollovers, conversions, recharacterizations, qualified charitable distributions, one-time distribution to fund an HSA, or return of certain contributions);
  • Conversions from a traditional, SEP, or SIMPLE IRA to a Roth IRA; or
  • Distributions from a Roth IRA (other than rollovers, recharacterizations, or a return of certain contributions).

It looks like the 8606 Taxpayer form will not be available until 02/15/2018, subject to change. You can find a list of IRS forms availability here. When the form is available you will see "available" listed directly under the form: https://ttlc.intuit.com/replies/3319876

ChristyW