Solved: I have never had to do 8606-t form what it and hope do I fill it out

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Announcements
TurboTax has you covered during Covid. Get the latest stimulus info here.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jdfreds

I have never had to do 8606-t form what it and hope do I fill it out

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
ChristyW

Form 8606-T is used to report Nondeductible IRAs (Taxpayer). We'll automatically generate Form 8606 (Nondeductible IRAs) if you reported:

• Nondeductible contributions made to a traditional IRA;
  • Distributions from a traditional, SEP or SIMPLE IRA that had nondeductible contributions (excluding rollovers, conversions, recharacterizations, qualified charitable distributions, one-time distribution to fund an HSA, or return of certain contributions);
  • Conversions from a traditional, SEP, or SIMPLE IRA to a Roth IRA; or
  • Distributions from a Roth IRA (other than rollovers, recharacterizations, or a return of certain contributions).

It looks like the 8606 Taxpayer form will not be available until 02/15/2018, subject to change. You can find a list of IRS forms availability here. When the form is available you will see "available" listed directly under the form: https://ttlc.intuit.com/replies/3319876

View solution in original post

1 Reply
ChristyW

Form 8606-T is used to report Nondeductible IRAs (Taxpayer). We'll automatically generate Form 8606 (Nondeductible IRAs) if you reported:

• Nondeductible contributions made to a traditional IRA;
  • Distributions from a traditional, SEP or SIMPLE IRA that had nondeductible contributions (excluding rollovers, conversions, recharacterizations, qualified charitable distributions, one-time distribution to fund an HSA, or return of certain contributions);
  • Conversions from a traditional, SEP, or SIMPLE IRA to a Roth IRA; or
  • Distributions from a Roth IRA (other than rollovers, recharacterizations, or a return of certain contributions).

It looks like the 8606 Taxpayer form will not be available until 02/15/2018, subject to change. You can find a list of IRS forms availability here. When the form is available you will see "available" listed directly under the form: https://ttlc.intuit.com/replies/3319876

View solution in original post

Dynamic AdsDynamic Ads
v
Privacy Settings