I have interest income to report from a k-1 trust, I cannot get it to populate line 17 of form 1040. The software keeps inserting it on line 8A taxable income.

I'm completing a 1040 form.  I have interest income reported on line 8a.  I also have interest income from a K-1 Trust.  I believe it should be reporting the K-1 interest on line 17 but the software keeps putting it on line 8a.  How do I correct this?

The program is correct so there is nothing to fix.

Taxable interest from the K-1 (line 1) goes to Line 8a on the 1040.  Line 17 is for businesses that issue K-1s ( see Lines 6, 7, and 8 on your K-1 which must have zero on them.)