stucat

I have increased my and my wife's Roth IRA from a filed $2000 each to $6500 each. We did not exceed the income minimum. Do I need to file an amended return?

macuser_22

Probably not since nothing about a Roth contribution goes on a tax return unless there is an excess contribution penalty or a savers credit.

A Roth IRA contribution does not actually go on a tax return, but you should enter it anyway to:

1) Tell you if your income qualifies you for a contribution and warn you if it does not.
2) Check if your income exceeds the limit to contribute to a Roth.
3) Track your contribution year-to-year if you use TurboTax every year.
4) Add the Retirement Savers Credit if you qualify.

macuser_22