turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

I have fellowship income not reported on a w-2 or 1099. turbotax reported this income on line 7 of form 1040 but did not include the notation "sch". how can I fix this?

i used turbotax last year for my 2015 taxes, and at that time turbotax did print "sch" on line 7 of form 1040.  why isn't "sch" printed on my 2016 return?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Reply
Hank-P

I have fellowship income not reported on a w-2 or 1099. turbotax reported this income on line 7 of form 1040 but did not include the notation "sch". how can I fix this?

The code you are referring to appears based on how information has been entered.

The 'SCH' code is listed when you have entered details on scholarships and grants within Deductions & Credits - Education. This section includes and area for scholarships/grants received as well as entry of expenses. If your earned amount is greater than expenses, you will see the difference on Line 7 of your 1040 with the SCH next to the amount.

However, if you entered your information under Wages - Less Common Income - Miscellaneous Income, then the amount of your income will appear without the code.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies