Solved: I have Canadian Pension and Registered Retirement Income in Canadian Dollar and I live in Canada. (1) Where do I file those, (2) Can I also file Canadian Income Tax?

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Announcements
TurboTax has you covered during Covid. Get the latest second stimulus info here.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I have Canadian Pension and Registered Retirement Income in Canadian Dollar and I live in Canada. (1) Where do I file those, (2) Can I also file Canadian Income Tax?

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
Level 15

I have Canadian Pension and Registered Retirement Income in Canadian Dollar and I live in Canada. (1) Where do I file those, (2) Can I also file Canadian Income Tax?

If you have a filing requirement in the U.S. that income is treated like social security and reported as such.  Convert the Canadian dollars to U.S. dollar amounts.

TurboTax has a Canadian tax program.  You cannot use the  U.S program for the Canadian tax return.

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Level 15

If you have a filing requirement in the U.S. that income is treated like social security and reported as such.  Convert the Canadian dollars to U.S. dollar amounts.

TurboTax has a Canadian tax program.  You cannot use the  U.S program for the Canadian tax return.

View solution in original post

Dynamic Ads
v
Privacy Settings