turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

lynnbraz

I have an S-Corp that earns very little money—one client, approx. $20,000 income in 4 payments. Can I do my taxes via Turbo Tax?

Does Turbo Tax for S-Corps make this a straightforward procedure?
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

I have an S-Corp that earns very little money—one client, approx. $20,000 income in 4 payments. Can I do my taxes via Turbo Tax?

To prepare a tax return for an unincorporated partnership, estate, trust, S- or C-corp or multi-member LLC, you need Turbotax Business.  This is separate from the various personal forms of Turbotax.  The business program is only available as a CD or download to install on a PC; no Mac or online version.  The S-corp return will generate a K-1 statement that goes on your personal tax return along with all your other income and deductions.  

Also, be aware, the deadline for filing a S-corp tax return is March 15, not April 15, and the deadline was NOT extended this year due to the pandemic.  The late fee is $195 per month per shareholder.  

View solution in original post

2 Replies
RobertG
Expert Alumni

You can do an S-Corp return using TurboTax Business.

It is very straightforward, particularly if you have a prior year return as a template.

It will generate the K-1 you will need for your personal return.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

To prepare a tax return for an unincorporated partnership, estate, trust, S- or C-corp or multi-member LLC, you need Turbotax Business.  This is separate from the various personal forms of Turbotax.  The business program is only available as a CD or download to install on a PC; no Mac or online version.  The S-corp return will generate a K-1 statement that goes on your personal tax return along with all your other income and deductions.  

Also, be aware, the deadline for filing a S-corp tax return is March 15, not April 15, and the deadline was NOT extended this year due to the pandemic.  The late fee is $195 per month per shareholder.  

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies