Solved: I have an investment held in an IRA that will provide me a K-1, but not until late March. I want to file now. Can I file without the K-1?
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

I have an investment held in an IRA that will provide me a K-1, but not until late March. I want to file now. Can I file without the K-1?

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Level 15

I have an investment held in an IRA that will provide me a K-1, but not until late March. I want to file now. Can I file without the K-1?

A Schedule K-1 for an investment in your IRA does not get reported on your individual tax return.

If your IRA has more that $1,000 of Unrelated Business Taxable Income (code V in box 20 of Schedule K-1 (Form 1065)), your IRA must file Form 990 and pay the tax on the UBTI.

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Highlighted
Level 15

A Schedule K-1 for an investment in your IRA does not get reported on your individual tax return.

If your IRA has more that $1,000 of Unrelated Business Taxable Income (code V in box 20 of Schedule K-1 (Form 1065)), your IRA must file Form 990 and pay the tax on the UBTI.

View solution in original post

Privacy Settings