turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

ariev

I have a 1099-INT which doesn't show any State information in boxes 15-17. TurboTax insists that I have to fix the state info... Any ideas?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Reply

I have a 1099-INT which doesn't show any State information in boxes 15-17. TurboTax insists that I have to fix the state info... Any ideas?

Yeah..a couple ideas.

1) Edit the 1099-INT, and make sure boxes 15-16-17 are entirely blank.  no 0,00, and hilite each box and hit the delete key to make sure nothing is there, not even a space.

2)  IF not that, try deleting the 1099-INT and entering it again manually...(especially if the original was imported)

or

3)Maybe...if box 8 of the 1099-INT had $$ in it...maybe the error is referring to indicating what state(s) the box 8 $$ of exempt-interest came from......that information is provided by you on one of the pages following the main form.   (Usually "Multiple States" from the end of the states list...unless you want to break out your own state's bond interest from the others )

____________*Answers are correct to the best of my knowledge when posted, but should not be considered to be legal or official tax advice.*
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies