Solved: I have a 1099 from 2015 that was never filed. How long do I have to file before I am penalized

I have a 1099 from 2015 that was never filed. How long do I have to file before I am penalized

It depends.  Since it is a 2015 form, you will be penalized if you owe money to the IRS, because the filing deadline for 2015 forms passed almost 2 years ago, and this form must be included with your 2015 return, not this year.  However, if you are getting a refund (or additional refund), you will not have a penalty.