jimmy_mcghee

I have 2016 Basic TurboTax and I can't attach my SSA and 10099 forms. The Tools/Attachments is not functioning? Can you assist me?

bobweissman

You don't need to attach images of your Forms 1099. Just enter all their information exactly in the interview. The IRS already has all the information on your 1099s.

bobweissman

jimmy_mcghee

What about a retirement 1099-R form; does it need to be sent in with my tax information?
bobweissman

No, just make sure to enter the information into the interview.

By the way, the Tools > Attachments menu item always starts out disabled. It becomes enabled only in certain cases where TT decides you need to attach a file. I don't know offhand what those conditions are.