Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Event: Ask the Experts about your refund > RSVP NOW!
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

zaneoakes

I had a penalty on early withdrawal of savings of $8.75, why am I being required to upgrade to Deluxe for $39.99 just to submit my tax return when it is already completed

The penalty is in Box 2 of one of my 1099-INT forms. Should I report this penalty of $8.75 elsewhere to avoid paying $39.99 for an already completed return? If I remove the $8.75 from that box it allows me to proceed normally and my refund totals do not change. In this case, is this $8.75 necessary to report?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
AnnetteB
Intuit Alumni

I had a penalty on early withdrawal of savings of $8.75, why am I being required to upgrade to Deluxe for $39.99 just to submit my tax return when it is already completed

It is to your benefit to report the $8.75 early withdrawal penalty.  However, you are not required to report it.

View solution in original post

1 Reply
AnnetteB
Intuit Alumni

It is to your benefit to report the $8.75 early withdrawal penalty.  However, you are not required to report it.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies