turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

mike6

I got married in june 2016. My wife quit her job right before we got married. She received a 1099 for her tax return. Should I include the 1099 in our joint tax return?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
Hal_Al
Level 15

I got married in june 2016. My wife quit her job right before we got married. She received a 1099 for her tax return. Should I include the 1099 in our joint tax return?

Yes. A joint return is the best way for you to file. All income, of both spouses, must be included.

The answer is the same regardless of what type of 1099. A 1099-Misc, with an amount in box 7, means she has self employment income and a schedule C, for her, will be part of your joint return.

View solution in original post

4 Replies

What kind of 1099?
Carl
Level 15

1099-R? 1099-MISC? Some other type? It really does matter. You will include it on your joint return. But where and how you do that, depends on what type of 1099 she has.

All of both your incomes will be included on the joint return, yes.
♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥ ¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
Hal_Al
Level 15

Yes. A joint return is the best way for you to file. All income, of both spouses, must be included.

The answer is the same regardless of what type of 1099. A 1099-Misc, with an amount in box 7, means she has self employment income and a schedule C, for her, will be part of your joint return.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies