Solved: I got married in june 2016. My wife quit her job right before we got married. She received a 1099 for her tax return. Should I include the 1099 in our joint tax return?

I got married in june 2016. My wife quit her job right before we got married. She received a 1099 for her tax return. Should I include the 1099 in our joint tax return?

Yes. A joint return is the best way for you to file. All income, of both spouses, must be included.

The answer is the same regardless of what type of 1099. A 1099-Misc, with an amount in box 7, means she has self employment income and a schedule C, for her, will be part of your joint return.

What kind of 1099?

1099-R? 1099-MISC? Some other type? It really does matter. You will include it on your joint return. But where and how you do that, depends on what type of 1099 she has.

All of both your incomes will be included on the joint return, yes.
♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥ ¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪