turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

How do we report IHSS non-taxable income when it is mixed with taxable income because we moved out from living with our recipient?

My husband and I lived with our IHSS recipient for the first part of 2017 and received all of our IHSS back pay in February 2017. We moved out of our recipient's residence and so our pay should have reflected federal taxes being removed. When we received our W-2's the income is all lumped into box 1 and not separated by taxable and non-taxable income. This creates a problem of a large sum of money with very little taxes removed.
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

3 Replies
LeeM

How do we report IHSS non-taxable income when it is mixed with taxable income because we moved out from living with our recipient?

You can follow the directions in TurboTaxColleen's answer below to both find and enter those Supplemental Payments so that your taxable income is correct: 

https://ttlc.intuit.com/replies/6553182

if i click Other re-portable income it asks me to pay 59.99 to use the service ????   How do i get around that because what i need is not advanced.
rocky0142

I get that, too. Can someone please advise?
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies