Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Event: Ask the Experts about your refund > RSVP NOW!
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

otakuwyfe

I filled my taxes and owed money, it said the money would be taken out April 16th, now it's changed on my statement when i checked to may 17th as the withdrawal date why?

My original paperwork says april 16th, now my paperwork says may 17th is the day they will take the taxes i owe out of my bank account. Why did this change? or is this an error? i want to know when exactly it's being taken out.
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

3 Replies
CatinaT1
Employee Tax Expert

I filled my taxes and owed money, it said the money would be taken out April 16th, now it's changed on my statement when i checked to may 17th as the withdrawal date why?

Where are you seeing the date change?  You say changed on your statement and paperwork.  Can you give me more information?

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
otakuwyfe

I am seeing the date change to may 17th when i download my tax statement but when i originally filled and it asked for my direct deposit to pay the balance i owe in state taxes it said it would be taking out april 17th.  

SusanY1
Expert Alumni

By default, when a specific date isn't listed, the due date is typically used.  When the due date changed this year, the payment date changed in most cases as well. 

Due to the volume of payments processed on the due date and variations in the way that banks post to accounts, you may not see the payment exactly on the due date, either, but it will still be considered timely paid.  

You could see the debit as much as a week past the due date of the return, though typically it is within a day or two.  

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies