otakuwyfe

I filled my taxes and owed money, it said the money would be taken out April 16th, now it's changed on my statement when i checked to may 17th as the withdrawal date why?

My original paperwork says april 16th, now my paperwork says may 17th is the day they will take the taxes i owe out of my bank account. Why did this change? or is this an error? i want to know when exactly it's being taken out.
CatinaT1

Where are you seeing the date change?  You say changed on your statement and paperwork.  Can you give me more information?

otakuwyfe

I am seeing the date change to may 17th when i download my tax statement but when i originally filled and it asked for my direct deposit to pay the balance i owe in state taxes it said it would be taking out april 17th.  

SusanY1

By default, when a specific date isn't listed, the due date is typically used.  When the due date changed this year, the payment date changed in most cases as well. 

Due to the volume of payments processed on the due date and variations in the way that banks post to accounts, you may not see the payment exactly on the due date, either, but it will still be considered timely paid.  

You could see the debit as much as a week past the due date of the return, though typically it is within a day or two.