7sons4me

I filed a 2019 tax form with no bank infotion on it. my only income is social security. it is deposited automatically in my bank acct. how will i get my stimulus ck ?

i dont ow money nor do i get a refund . will they use  info from my social security automatic    deposit for deposit of stimulus check or will it be mailed /
MinhT1

Yes, the IRS will use the bank information where you normally receive your SS benefits to direct deposit your stimulus payment.

7sons4me

Ifiled a 2020  paper tax form mailed it to irs  no bank information as no owe or no refund  a o balance how will my stimulus ck be received mail or deposit to my bank acct. my only income is social security. I receive a 1099 form. 

Social Security and Stimulus Payments

https://home.treasury.gov/news/press-releases/sm967

7sons4me

xmas baby this is not a good answer. it says if you didnt file a rax form.i did

@7sons4me Okay---you mailed a tax form.  But right now the IRS is not even opening its mail.  They will likely use the records they have for you from Social Security to issue your stimulus money before they even get around to opening the mail and seeing your paper return.

NCperson

@7sons4me - if you only receive social security and had no other reason to file a 2018 or 2019 tax return, there was really no action for you to take in the first place.

Everyone on social security in this group is supposed to get their stimulus later this week to the same bank account that their monthly check gets deposited into.

does that help? 

7sons4me

I amunder my state senior rx program no money involved unless you are in medicares part d prescription gap. having had a husband who died from cancer i am aware of the prescription cost.  there is a five year waiting list to enter this program. every july they require either a copy of your tax forms from previous year or 3 months bank statement to verify income. i prefer for file form with the  0 balance to give to them verses the bank statements

That is fine.   There are people who are not really required to file income tax returns who do so for reasons such as yours.  But just so you know, there will be a delay in the processing (such as it is) of your mailed tax return.  For your stimulus check, they will use your Social Security records.

7sons4me

i have a certified receipt from irs dated marched 9 for receipt,maybe beore they stopped looking at  their mail

7sons4me

i have a certified receipt dated  march 9 maybe before they stopped looking at their mail?

Those on SS who are not required to file will see their stimulus payments in the next 2 weeks ... there is nothing you need to do or can do to make the payments come any faster ... just sit tight. 

Jazmineyeti8

I filed 2019 taxes even though I receive Social Security.  I owed NO taxes so did not enter bank info.  I. did not get a direct deposit  stimulus, I instead received my check by mail. My Social  Security checks are direct deposit.  How do I get a direct deposit of my second Stimulus check?

Jazmineyeti8

Why was it by mail on the first Stimulus check?