Still need to file? Our experts can get your taxes done right. Get started >

kmatt22

I exceeded the 18,500 max for 401k deferall b/c my company was acquired mid year and they didnt monitor the contributions across the two plans. I procesed a refund for the excess amount and have uploaded form 1099-r that accounts for this. However, turb

Rachel_W

You have taken the right steps to have the excess distributed and include the amount of the excess deferral on your 2018 Tax Return.

At this point, I think you are running into an e-filing issue within TurboTax.  An update to fix the issue is expected to be released around 4/5/2019.  You can check out this TurboTax FAQ for more information: Excess 401(k) Contribution Preventing E-filing.

Be sure to sign up for updates to be alerted as soon as there is a solution.  If you do not want to wait for an update, you have the option to paper file your tax returns as this is only an e-filing issue.

Ready to start your taxes?

Hand off your taxes, get expert help, or do it yourself.

See Pricing
ABCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYZabcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz0123456789-_~