turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

jfrien1

I entered information from a 1099-B but there was no place to enter federal tax withholding...where do I enter?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

4 Replies
DavidD66
Expert Alumni

I entered information from a 1099-B but there was no place to enter federal tax withholding...where do I enter?

On the screen where you enter your sales transaction details, there is a check box for:  "I have other boxes on my 1099-B to enter".  Checking this box will reveal more entry options, one of which is "Federal Income Tax Withheld".  See screenshot below.  If you don't want tax withheld, you can contact your broker to see about what forms need to be filed so that your aren't subject to tax withholding. 

1099-B Tax Withholding

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
baconli

The answer is incorrect.  If you are entering a summary of sales for each category, you can click "I need to enter amounts from box 1f, box 1g or other adjustments" but there is no place to enter tax withheld.  Where can I enter tax withheld?

ragentner

When entering in summary by category, Box 4 federal tax withholdings still does not appear.

FangxiaL
Expert Alumni

Make sure to check the box I have other boxes on my 1099-B to enter. It works fine for me.

@ragentner

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies