EFB

I donated $25,000 from my IRA directly to the Indiana University Foundation. Fidelity put this on a 1099-R as ordinary income. It's not. How report this on my return?

That is fine as long as the check was made out to the trustee of the charity and not to you.   If made out to you and you endorsed it over to the charity then  it does not qualify for a QCD.

There is no place on a 1099-R that reports a QCD.

Enter the 1099-R normally and the follow-up questions will ask if this was a RMD (if your age is 70 1/2 or more) and then ask if there was any charitable donation - answer and then enter the amount of the QCD.   The 1099-R box 1 amount will go on the 1040 form line 15a with "QCD" next to it and the taxable amount (any portion of box 1 not a QCD) on line 15b.

Are you over age 70.5, and was this an RMD?
EFB

Yes, I'm over 70.5; no, wasn't part of RMD fulfillment

Was this a QCD (Qualified Charitable Donation) that was a direct transfer from your IRA to the charity done by the IRA trustee to the trustee of the charity and not by you?
EFB

Yes it was.  But Fidelity sent check to me to pass on and reported it as if to me on a 1099-R