Solved: I don`t have my 1099-R from Office of Personnel Management for 2016 and can`t get through to them either by phone or e-mail. Can I fill out the form myself?

I don`t have my 1099-R from Office of Personnel Management for 2016 and can`t get through to them either by phone or e-mail. Can I fill out the form myself?

Box 2a is the only box I am unsure of. How do you calculate it? Is it all right for me to fill out the 1099-R or does it have to come from OPM? Or, should I fill an extension until OPM sends me the form? I am hearing impaired. Please reply by  e-mail. (gagago@woh.rr.com)

If you have an account set up with OPM on-line you can download the CSA-1099R form directly from the web-site.

Try to set up the on-line account if you don't have one.  

Then if it gets close to April 18th and still don't have the CSA-1099R, then file an extension.  You are really going to need it to do your taxes.