Solved: I don't have an income this year but i did pull out money from my traditional iras to get through the year. How do I file?

quietpyro15

I don't have an income this year but i did pull out money from my traditional iras to get through the year. How do I file?

I also file jointly with my wife

You will get a 1099R for the IRA distribution.  Go to  Federal> Wages and Income>Retirement Plans and Social Security to enter your 1099R.  You can still file a joint return.

quietpyro15

thanks so much for the speedy reply
macuser_22

Note: if you are under age 59 1/2 then you will probably have a early withdrawal penalty that can only be reported on a 1040 form which the Free Edition does not support. You will need to upgrade to a paid version like Deluxe in order to file.
quietpyro15

thank you for that info