turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

I didn't get my second stimulus. I am a SSDI recipient. To get the stimulus, I have to file for 2020 but I still don't have the SSA 1099. Do I need it to file?

I became disabled in 2018. I filed for taxes in that year, but not in 2019 since I began receiving SSDI.  For this reason, I didn't receive my second stimulus and, as stated by IRS site, I have to file in 2020 in order to receive it.  In MY SOCIAL SECURITY account,  SSA states the 1099 forms won't be available until January 31.  Can I file without the SSA 1099 form/ information or should I wait?
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Reply

I didn't get my second stimulus. I am a SSDI recipient. To get the stimulus, I have to file for 2020 but I still don't have the SSA 1099. Do I need it to file?

Wait until at least 1/25 to file just incase they got a check in the mail to you at the last minute and don't be in a rush to file ...

Hot off the presses ... the IRS start date for processing 2020 returns is 2/12/21

https://www.irs.gov/newsroom/2021-tax-filing-season-begins-feb-12-irs-outlines-steps-to-speed-refund...

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies