turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

mcharyulu

I did not get a 1099-G . I know the amount received from the Check copies. Can I add that number in 1099-G return ? I do not have time now to request a duplicate 1099-G.

1099-G for Disability Insurance - Do they send a 1099-G for disability Insurance money from CA SDI ? I am not sure if they sent it or not.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

3 Replies
RayW7
Expert Alumni

I did not get a 1099-G . I know the amount received from the Check copies. Can I add that number in 1099-G return ? I do not have time now to request a duplicate 1099-G.

You can, however you will also need the Federal ID number, Payer name and address in addition to any withholding for both Federal and State taxes.

With all that said, it might be worth your time to get a copy of the 1099-G to avoid any delay or rejection  in the processing of your return should any of these fields be in error.

-follow this link for more information-

Guide to Unemployment and Taxes - TurboTax Tax Tips ...

mcharyulu

Thank you! This is for Disability Insurance.. The amount was received as Disability Insurance. In this case, do they even send a 1099-G? Greatly appreciate your assistance!

ThomasM125
Expert Alumni

Disability insurance benefits would not be taxable if you had an insurance plan for which you paid the premiums, as opposed to your employer paying the premiums. So, it is possible that you will not receive a tax reporting form. 

When you mention a form 1099-G, however, that implies that the payment is coming from  a government source, in which case it could very well be taxable. So, I suggest you check with the source of the payments to see if they did or will issue a tax reporting statement.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies