Solved: I did a direct Rollover of my 401K into an IRA once I left my last company. I only recieved a 5498 form but no 1099-R? Do i need the 1099-R to enter information?

I did a direct Rollover of my 401K into an IRA once I left my last company. I only recieved a 5498 form but no 1099-R? Do i need the 1099-R to enter information?

If this was truly a 401(k) plan, the 401(k) plan was required to provide you with a Form 1099-R that you need to enter into TurboTax to report the direct rollover.  Contact the plan administrator to obtain the form.

If the employer plan was instead a SEP-IRA plan or a SIMPLE IRA plan, a trustee-to-trustee transfer is not reportable and the IRA custodian would not provide you with a From 1099-R.