Solved: I did a direct Rollover of my 401K into an IRA once I left my last company. I only recieved a 5498 form but no 1099-R? Do i need the 1099-R to enter information?

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Announcements
TurboTax has you covered during Covid. Get the latest second stimulus info here.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I did a direct Rollover of my 401K into an IRA once I left my last company. I only recieved a 5498 form but no 1099-R? Do i need the 1099-R to enter information?

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
Level 15

I did a direct Rollover of my 401K into an IRA once I left my last company. I only recieved a 5498 form but no 1099-R? Do i need the 1099-R to enter information?

If this was truly a 401(k) plan, the 401(k) plan was required to provide you with a Form 1099-R that you need to enter into TurboTax to report the direct rollover.  Contact the plan administrator to obtain the form.

If the employer plan was instead a SEP-IRA plan or a SIMPLE IRA plan, a trustee-to-trustee transfer is not reportable and the IRA custodian would not provide you with a From 1099-R.

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Level 15

If this was truly a 401(k) plan, the 401(k) plan was required to provide you with a Form 1099-R that you need to enter into TurboTax to report the direct rollover.  Contact the plan administrator to obtain the form.

If the employer plan was instead a SEP-IRA plan or a SIMPLE IRA plan, a trustee-to-trustee transfer is not reportable and the IRA custodian would not provide you with a From 1099-R.

View solution in original post

Dynamic Ads
v
Privacy Settings