turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

jaykk

The Smart Check thinks i need a 1099-R but I don't have any nor do I need to fill one out.

Seem's like a software bug at this point. I've gone back several times to Wages & Income and made sure no 1099-R forms were entered or selected.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
jaykk

The Smart Check thinks i need a 1099-R but I don't have any nor do I need to fill one out.

That fixed it! Thank you!!!

View solution in original post

6 Replies

Did you transfer 2016 to 2017.   Maybe a 2016 1099-R transferred.   You appear to be using the desktop version.  Switch to the forms mode and see if there is  1099-R form in the forms list in the left side column.   If so, you can delete it if not needed.
**Disclaimer: This post is for discussion purposes only and is NOT tax advice. The author takes no responsibility for the accuracy of any information in this post.**

same goes for this year, 2018 taxes. seems like bug is still there.

There is no bug.   The forms are supposed to carry forward unless the account was closed in the prior year, in which case the box 2b (total distribution)  should have been checked, then the form would be deleted.

Perhaps you had a total distribution last year and either the payer or you failed to check that box.
**Disclaimer: This post is for discussion purposes only and is NOT tax advice. The author takes no responsibility for the accuracy of any information in this post.**

Since my 1099-R was a rollover, not-taxable, I deleted the form from TT and it fixed the issue.  Wish Intuit would investigate

I checked and the 2b box was checked. in MA state there was the issue looking for some other numbers that I tried putting in and overriding on the Fed.  That all failed.
jaykk

That fixed it! Thank you!!!
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies