Any SSA-1099 form, regardless of the suffix, gets entered the same way. So this applies to entering any SSA-1099, SSA-1099-SM, or SSA-1099-R-OP1. And if you are using TurboTax online version, you are not able to view the worksheet since Forms Mode is only available in the desktop version of the product.
- Sign into your TurboTax account, see your Tax Timeline, and click the orange Take me to my return button
- Using the Search box in the upper right corner of the screen, type SSA-1099 and then click on Jump to SSA-1099, which is the first item in the search results.
- Select Yes, let's work on Social Security benefits and click Continue.
- Check the first box, Form SSA-1099.
- Enter the amounts for yourself and/or your jointly-filing spouse, if they received an SSA-1099 also.
- SSA-1099s for your children and other dependents are not to be reported on your return. They should report it on their own return, but only if they're required to file a return for some other reason (this is uncommon).
- Then click Continue.
TurboTax will automatically calculate what portion, if any, of your Social Security benefits are taxable.
To enter the SSA 1099 go to:
- The INCOME section
- I'll choose what I work on
- Scroll down to Retirement Plans and Social Security
- Select Social Security (SSA-1099, RRB-1099)
- Proceed to enter your information
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"