turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

brent4
Returning Member

I can't get the QBI deduction to trigger after inputting my K-1 income. I have box 20 filled in correctly with the appropriate boxes complete from TT documentation.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

5 Replies
HelenC12
Expert Alumni

I can't get the QBI deduction to trigger after inputting my K-1 income. I have box 20 filled in correctly with the appropriate boxes complete from TT documentation.

One reason you aren't getting a Qualified Business Income (QBI) deduction may be due to the fact that you don't qualify.

You may also want to delete the K-1 and re-enter it.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
brent4
Returning Member

I have deleted and re-added my K-1. My income is under the $315k from all sources–not just the K-1. It just won't trigger the screens asking me the qualifying questions about the QBI deduction no matter what I do. 

JulieS
Employee Tax Expert

For 2019, there is a new form for calculating your Qualified Business Income Deduction. It is Form 8995. 

The IRS has not released the final version of this form, so it is not in Turbo Tax yet.

If you would like to look at the draft version on the IRS website, click here.

adamsentz

The most recent TurboTax update "broke" the QBI deduction. The 8995 actually is in TurboTax, but isn't getting filled.

JulieS
Employee Tax Expert

For 2019, there is a new form for calculating your Qualified Business Income Deduction. It is Form 8995. 

The IRS has not released the final version of this form, so it is not in Turbo Tax yet.

If you would like to look at the draft version on the IRS website, click here.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies