turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

wilsondog

I can’t file my 2020 state return for Wisconsin, it states their is an error with form 1 for early withdrawal penalties? Is there a way to fix this?

Anyone have any luck filing their WI return with the early distribution error? I just tried and can’t get it to go through. 

I can’t file my 2020 state return for Wisconsin, it states their is an error with form 1 for early withdrawal penalties? Is there a way to fix this?

I had the same result trying this morning. I am hoping it is like the 8915-E update and will be updated for use tomorrow. Time will tell.

Does anyone know if Taxact or HRblock has this issue? I’ve been patient for over a month now

This is a state issue, since the IRS was very delayed with the form 8915-E, many states have not finished their forms, therefore TurboTax is waiting on the updates.

3/16/2021 and its still not working.  I deleted my 1099-R and re-entered it.  Get same error to "fix" on WI return.  Did you get yours to work?

I didn't get mine to work either. If someone contacts support please let us know their thoughts. Thanks much!

I called TT and after an hour long call and bumps from level 3 to level 1 support where they looked at my taxes online they said the IRS needs to send the updates to TT for them to update it.  No know time frame was available for the updates.  So will check daily until it works.  Sorry- wish I had a better answer!

I decided to just go through hr block to see if I had the same issue and I did not but I’d like to file with turbo tax because I have for a long time. 

smithrl15
Returning Member

I still have not been able to file and they told me 3/15 how come you can HR block and not here?

I am getting annoyed as I am not reentering all my info at another place. 

@smithrl15 wrote:

I still have not been able to file and they told me 3/15 how come you can HR block and not here?

I am getting annoyed as I am not reentering all my info at another place. 

Are you using desktop software (CD/download)?

If so, be aware there is also a second issue on efiling a state return where a roadblock is reached in the desktop software for efiling the state return even after a Federal return has been previously accepted.  If you are using desktop software, then whether it's the second issue that is keeping you from efiling your state, I don't know.  Two different state efile issues are being discussed in this thread.

The second issue is expected to be resolved on March 19.

See this FAQ on the second issue where you can sign up for notifications, if desired:

https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/tax-topics/help/why-am-i-not-able-to-e-file-my-state-return-after-...

smithrl15
Returning Member

Mine is for the 401k withdrawal. On the desktop I just use TurboTax.com I don’t have a CD.  When I go to review it says I have to wait for the update for the covid 19 retirement plan withdrawal. It doesn’t even let me file federal. I was told March 15 last week for this update for Wisconsin. Is this now March 19? 

@ smithrl15 wrote:

Mine is for the 401k withdrawal. On the desktop I just use TurboTax.com I don’t have a CD.  When I go to review it says I have to wait for the update for the covid 19 retirement plan withdrawal. It doesn’t even let me file federal. I was told March 15 last week for this update for Wisconsin. Is this now March 19? 

There are two different issues.

I only mentioned the second issue above in case that is what you were experiencing.  i.e., there is a second (different) issue in the installed  desktop software (CD/download) which involves a roadblock when efiling state returns separately after the Federal return has already been accepted.   The FAQ and date of March 19 that I posted above is for that second issue and only applies to software users (CD/download).   Since you're using Online TurboTax and haven't even efiled the Federal return, that second issue does not apply to you.  You can just ignore what I posted above about the second issue for now.

As for your 401k issue:

Did you withdraw from retirement because of COVID-19 and have Form 8915-E in your federal return?

While that situation may be ready for some states to efile, it may not be ready for others.  Sorry, but I don't know anything specific about Wisconsin, but it looks like several users above are saying it's still not ready today. 

In any case, the FAQ below says TurboTax hopes to have it ready for all states by March 19.  Whether Wisconsin will be ready before then or not, I don't know.

FAQ:  Why am I getting a  "check this entry" message blocking me from filing my state return?

https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/state-tax-forms/help/why-am-i-getting-a-check-this-entry-message-b...

smithrl15
Returning Member

Thank you. No need to put “your” in quotations. I already worked with one your experts last week so I know what I’m talking about with what I am looking for and yes it was due to covid and yes it is all correct on my federal. I will check daily. Thanks 

@ smithrl15 wrote:

Thank you. No need to put “your” in quotations. I already worked with one your experts last week so I know what I’m talking about with what I am looking for and yes it was due to covid and yes it is all correct on my federal. I will check daily. Thanks 

You're welcome.  I removed the quotation marks.  Good luck.

Paula

I am having the same problem. Every time I talk to a turbo tax rep they can’t help me. I have been waiting weeks for this to get fixed. Thought I would be good to go once the COVID relief form came out. Has anyone got this to work 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies