JDagenhardt

I began tutoring for a company in October, but only have earned about $150 so far. They said that I should receive a 1099, but don't need it for filing. What do I do?

maglib

You can report the amount as other income.  Do note that all income is reportable to the IRS regardless if a 1099 is not sent (many are confused as a 1099 is not required to be mailed for under $600 but still is required to be reported as income and they confuse those two).  As long as amount is under $400, you will not have any self employment taxes to pay.   If you need help entering it, follow these instructions here: https://ttlc.intuit.com/questions/2893392-where-do-i-enter-a-1099-misc If you don't get the 1099-misc then: Federal Taxes -> Wages & Income -> I'll choose what I work on -> scroll to the bottom and under Less Common Income select Start (or Update) for Miscellaneous Income.... You'll find all sorts of other income categories in there. If none of those shown fit the bill then pick Other reportable income and you can enter your own description(s) and amount(s).

maglib

do you have any other income?  Were taxes withheld?
JDagenhardt

Yes, I'm a teacher full time. I believe taxes were withheld; I filled out the paperwork for them to be taken out, but I don't get a pay stub each month so I haven't seen it for certain.
maglib