Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Event: Ask the Experts about your refund > RSVP NOW!
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

wvbinz-bb

I supplimented my business with some of my retirement income is this a deduction for my business expenses ?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
RichardG

I supplimented my business with some of my retirement income is this a deduction for my business expenses ?

I assume you're a sole proprietor filing Schedule C and that you're not using a corporation or an LLC to operate your business.  If that's true, you should enter all your business expenses into TurboTax, regardless of where the money to pay these expenses came from.  You don't get an additional deduction for spending money from your retirement income on the business.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
RichardG

I assume you're a sole proprietor filing Schedule C and that you're not using a corporation or an LLC to operate your business.  If that's true, you should enter all your business expenses into TurboTax, regardless of where the money to pay these expenses came from.  You don't get an additional deduction for spending money from your retirement income on the business.

wvbinz-bb

I am running my business as an LLC , not as sole proprietor.  Does that make a difference about added funds from my retirement fund to supplement my business?

RichardG

Possibly. if you are the only owner of the LLC and you did not elect to have the LLC treated as a separate tax entity, then the answer is the same.
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies