mokusierra

I am very dissatisfied that I am not getting information about my CSA-1099-R input. Turbo tax insists that some of the money was , or should have been a RMD--not so!

Coleen3

You are correct to a degree,  however...

Age of 70 1/2 is the required age for the required minimum distributions.

All retirement accounts, even pensions, must meet the RMD requirements.

However, the way the pension plans meet the RMD requirements is by creating an annuity paid periodically (in your case monthly.  Therefore, you may simply select "yes" to the RMD question (Was this withdrawal RMD and all of this was RMD). You will also be asked if the amount reported is paid periodically in equal amounts.  By selecting "yes" the RMD requirements are met and you may continue with the tax preparation.

Coleen3