crhode01

I am trying to fill out my W-2 but in Box 15 the drop down menu doesn't include WA. What is wrong? I have WA on my W-2 but it won't let me input it..

SamS1

Nothing wrong.  Washington does not have individual state income tax.  You do not need to fill out the state information from your W-2.

There are Nine states — AlaskaFloridaNevadaNew HampshireSouth DakotaTennesseeTexasWashington and Wyoming — have no income taxes. Tennessee and New Hampshire, however, tax interest and dividends, although Tennessee is phasing out its tax in 2021

crhode01

I have never had this issue in the past...it is my employers state ID number in box 15 of my W-2  (ex: WA 035 000 9**). Is this something new? It keeps sending me back to review it because I have to choose the state.

BillM223

Is there anything in box 17 (state tax withheld)? If not, you can blank out boxes 15 and 16.