• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
crhode01

I am trying to fill out my W-2 but in Box 15 the drop down menu doesn't include WA. What is wrong? I have WA on my W-2 but it won't let me input it..

3 Replies
SamS1
Expert Alumni

I am trying to fill out my W-2 but in Box 15 the drop down menu doesn't include WA. What is wrong? I have WA on my W-2 but it won't let me input it..

Nothing wrong.  Washington does not have individual state income tax.  You do not need to fill out the state information from your W-2.

There are Nine states — AlaskaFloridaNevadaNew HampshireSouth DakotaTennesseeTexasWashington and Wyoming — have no income taxes. Tennessee and New Hampshire, however, tax interest and dividends, although Tennessee is phasing out its tax in 2021

crhode01

I have never had this issue in the past...it is my employers state ID number in box 15 of my W-2  (ex: WA 035 000 9**). Is this something new? It keeps sending me back to review it because I have to choose the state.

BillM223
Expert Alumni

Is there anything in box 17 (state tax withheld)? If not, you can blank out boxes 15 and 16.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
Dynamic AdsDynamic Ads
Privacy Settings
v