Solved: I am retired from one company and working for another. I received both a W-2 and 1099 from the company I retired from. Why would this be?

I am retired from one company and working for another. I received both a W-2 and 1099 from the company I retired from. Why would this be?

OK, the W-2 will be reported in the income area as one of the first items to report.

Then the 1099R is for a retirement distribution and that gets reported as follows:

To enter pension and annuity Payments (1099-R)

• Click on Federal Taxes
  • Click on Wages and Income
  • Click on I'll choose what I work on (if shown)
  • Scroll down to Retirement Plans and Social Security
  • On IRA, 401(k), Pension Plan Withdrawals (1099-R), click the start or update button

Is it a 1099R?  Please give more detail what 1099 is for.  Thank you

Yes, it is a 1099-R.

• Click on Federal Taxes
  • Click on Wages and Income