I am retired but worked for my son in law co. to help him out for 2 months I made about 8000 dollars since I am retired what form would I use ?

If your son in law treated you as an employee, he would then issue a W2 Form . With an $8,000 yearly income on a W-2 Form, you are not required to file your tax return unless you're looking to get your tax withholdings back. In addition to this, as a low income, you may be entitled to an earn income tax credit [EIC]
If you were treated as an independent contractor, you are supposed to receive a  1099-MISC Form . You will be required to file a tax return, but you can deduct all expenses related to this self-employment income.  
Do I need to file a federal return this year?

Carl

How were your wages reported to you? W-2 or 1099-MISC?

Ready to start your taxes?

Hand off your taxes, get expert help, or do it yourself.

See Pricing